Thursday, December 14, 2006

LEAVING NANJING TODAY

WE LEAVE NANJING TODAY AND RETURN BACK TO GUANGZHO, TO THE WHITE SWAN HOTEL. WE CAN HARDLY WAIT.
THEY ARE ALOT MORE FRIENDLIER TO AMERICANS WHO HAVE ADOPTED AND SPEAK ALOT BETTER ENGLISH.
WE VISITED ZOEY'S ORPHANAGE ON THURSDAY AND ALL THE STAFF AND NANNIES WERE VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY.
THE AREAS WE GOT TO TOUR WAS CLEAN AND ORGANIZED. I WAS SO GLAD WE WERE TAKING ZOEY AWAY FROM THERE ONCE IN FOR ALL. ZOEY SEEMED UN-EASY THE REST OF THE DAY, JUST NOT HER HAPPY GO LUCKY SELF.
WE WERE SO UPSET TO SEE HER LOOK THIS SAD. SHE FINALLY GOT BETTER THAT NIGHT AND SHE IS BACK TO HER OLD SELF TODAY. I HAD NO IDEA IT WOULD AFFECT HER THAT WAY. WE HAVE JUST BEEN DOING ALOT OF BONDING WITH HER IN OUR HOTEL ROOM. WHICH HAS BROUGHT ALL THREE OF US GREAT JOY!!
SHE WILL "MOCK" HAND GESTURES AND NOISES YOU DO WITH YOUR MOUTH. IT IS SO FUNNY. SHE IS STILL EATING GOOD AND SLEEPING GOOD. SHE CRAWLS ALOT AND CAN STAND WITH HELP AND CAN TAKE ABOUT 4 STEPS BY HERSELF. I WILL POST MORE PICTURES SOON. THE INTERNET HERE IS REALLY SLOW ON UPLOADING PICTURES.
WE WILL BE HOME SOON, AND CAN'T WAIT!! PLEASE CONTINUE TO REMEMBER US IN YOUR PRAYERS.
LOVE,
KEMP PARTY OF "THREE"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Emily

Greg and Steph said...

Thank you for the update! I have been praying for you guys!
I tried calling your panda phone, but I couldn't get through. I hope you all are having a wonderful time!!!!
Miss you terribly!
Love y'all!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Doug & Mel,
Ya'll look great in the photo. I can't wait for Zoey to be able to be in toddlers class at GBC. We love you and miss you. You are in our thoughts and prayers. What a blessing to our GBC family.
Terri

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel, Doug & Zoey!
I know you didn't expect to hear from me. Emily & I have been watching yalls Zoey trip each day, and can't wait for more. She is beautiful and I want to cry with happy tears each time I read your journey. We love you all, and can't wait to see you 3 together here in ALABAMA!
Love, Joany & Emily Spates